Tuesday, August 11, 2015

What I hope to learn in CS3216

Wow, where to begin?

Just two days ago I was content with my 5 core modules, resigned to having been rejected by CS3216. Now, here I am, panicking over what to do for Show and Tell tomorrow, fretting over a suddenly hectic-looking semester, yet extremely excited to actually be in CS3216 - excited over the things that I hope I will learn here.

To begin with, I hope to learn more about building a software. From building a software with some networking aspect, to getting more exposure to teamwork and team dynamics and meeting the 44 chosen people, to understanding the activities of the different roles in a team, to the experience of doing something like a mini-startup, there's plenty to gain from this "hellish" mod.

Going beyond the normal, formal stuff, I hope that through CS3216, I will become more of a "crazy" software developer. I want to become a person who consistently dares to try, dares to risk and dares to build things that will change the world for the better. I want to become a programmer who consistently challenges himself and sees possibilities where others do not. I want to be someone who is generally crazy about his work.

Maybe that's a little too much, but I'm almost sure the things I learn in CS3216 will make me a better, crazier developer.

No comments:

Post a Comment